I had no idea how emotional I would be when my sister's graduating class walked into the auditorium. There was some horrible man giving a speech, a color guard, and a lack of seats. I took off my heels and got comfortable standing on the outskirts....
And then a man talked about the doors and opportunities that would be opened to the students, children sitting in front of him. A group who had their futures waiting with its hands out to greet them.
My sister, a year and six months older than myself, sat as one of them and my heart swelled. She is a single mother, a full time worker, a student who earned three degrees while keeping a little boy safe. Nearly 10 years later....
I will admit, my eyes teared, my heart quickened, and I was filled with love and pride. You couldn't tell me she wasn't my own child. That I hadn't birthed her. That I hadn't stayed up with her when her breathes were labored. That I hadn't driven her to college.That I hadn't been there when her baby was born.
I was. I was there. And I was there to watch one of her dreams come true. And I couldn't have been more proud. If you're reading this, I love you. I love how wonderful you are. I love how hard you work... now if we could just work on that attitude. hahaha... you thought I'd let you off that easily? No way. I keep you grounded.
Really though I do love you... always.
*tear* *tear* *tear* Awwwwwwwwwww! I literally almost cried when I read this!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and yes you have been there so much for me and you are a wonderful auntie! Love you so much!
ReplyDelete