In the summer of my eighth grade year my mom had a woman come over at the crack of dawn to teach me and my sister Lillie to make bread. Lillie was not amused and refused to get out of bed. Me, on the other hand, to stupid to be rude went down with droopy eyes and hopes that it wouldn't take long. Ha! Who knew it took 3 hours and 45 minutes start to finish? Who knew?!
I got pretty good at it and loved the smell of fresh bread in the afternoon. Even more so I loved eating it. My sisters and I would slab on the thickest layer of butter and devour both loves before they even stood a chance of cooling.
Oh how I miss those crazy girls. Because they weren't around I had to eat 3/4 of a loaf all by myself before it cooled. :)
It's such a cute little loaf!
ReplyDeletebreeeeead! yuuuuuuuummmmmmm
ReplyDeleteCan you make me a cinnamon raisin loaf?
ReplyDelete