Edit: I didn't give you two houses today because I'm thinking of extending this topic through Saturday so that I can get topics on track with the actual week. Hope you don't mind!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Just a Little Heartbroken
Isn't it just a little sad...these abandoned houses? They once filled someone with such pride; had the echos of children playing outside.... You know they had some gorgeous wedding out front; the best of the best on the large porch with a grandmother sitting in a rocking chair watching over them all. And now... it's lonely, quiet, heartbroken. I might add, heartbroken but not finished. She's still regal, still beautiful, and her stories I'm sure are still being told. This house used to be a captains I think on the Navy base. There are so many just like her. She makes me want to go back. Put her back as the topic of conversation as she should be.

Edit: I didn't give you two houses today because I'm thinking of extending this topic through Saturday so that I can get topics on track with the actual week. Hope you don't mind!
Edit: I didn't give you two houses today because I'm thinking of extending this topic through Saturday so that I can get topics on track with the actual week. Hope you don't mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can hear the music and see the children rounding the corner now! Poor girl! You should buy it and fix it up :) -toj aka anonymous [b/c it's the only way I can post! :( ]
ReplyDeletei woulg sacrifice my right foot to have a house like this and fix it up - i think its utterly beautiful. my computer screensaver if of a beat up, run down American house in the middle of nowhere - but i love it!
ReplyDelete:)