Saturday, February 13, 2010
Was That Door Open When I Got Here?
My first "real" abandoned house and I'm already spooked. Really! I started driving... to nowhere in particular... just driving to an area I thought would have abandoned houses and I found them. Sitting there waiting for me and it made me nervous. Some of them because although the windows were boarded up, vines crawling up their spines, and black birds lurking in the trees, their drives where clear as if someone still drove on them. My first thought: "skeletons in the closet" and I meant LITERALLY! So next house please... the others spooked me because although these showed no sign of individuals being there in the past few years, something told me they were still being used. Like if I stopped to take a picture, someone might walk out the door and ask what I thought I was doing on their land. Nexxxtttt! Finally I thought... I just have to do it. And thankfully this house had a hole in the roof (i.e. no weirdo inside with it being this cold and snowing), and there were no tire tracks in the drive... So SNAP...
And I looked through the photos to make sure I had the shot I wanted and suddenly I asked myself, "was that door open when I got here?" This was my first picture... I have convinced myself that the door is open, thus making it open when I left... in a hurry, mud flailing through the air, tires skidding onto the pavement... All that was missing today was some creepy kid singing "ladybug ladybug fly away home... your house is on fire, your children will burn." Are YOU scared yet? bwahhahahahaha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reminds me of Jenny's house from Forrest Gump.
ReplyDelete"Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here. "
I hope Jenny's home didn't have a hole in the roof! Poor Jenny.
ReplyDelete