Monday, August 16, 2010

Vamps


I won't lie... I'm completely obsessed with vampires at the moment. I have the same obsession for the pyramids, dinosaurs, Mayan ruins and old cities built within cliffs. I know the other things exist and vampires do not but it's the same fascination. And I wonder - who thought them up? Where did the idea come from? What if?? I spent Sunday reading the Twilight series. And after getting to the third book I wondered how this is shaping the minds of thousands of little girls. It's intense. If nothing else, I can appreciate how and why it has become so popular. Because more than anything else, everyone just wants to be loved. And this is love at it's finest... or worst. I'm sure many Commuication or English majors out there will have a nice final essay refuting why Edward and Bella are not the Romeo and Juliet of our times. Oh how I miss silly essays.


p.s. If I had thought about it, I would have found some mushy passage to have in the photo but alas, I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment