They're just getting started and I'm over them already. Every time I walk outside there are three newly squished caterpillars in my way. And I'm not talking about some tiny one. Oh no. These are the mack daddies, the Arnolds of their species. Huge and Gross (that's right with a capital G!). I defend them though because how can I hate caterpillars if I love butterflies? I can't.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Creepy Crawlers
Without a doubt I love Spring, but the creeps that come out almost drive me insane. This time of year the spiders move back into their usual spots which includes places that I'd rather not see them. I'm talking eye level people! If you know me then you know I will stop! drop! and roll! upon hitting a spider's web. Someone may as well have set me on fire. And these guys...

They're just getting started and I'm over them already. Every time I walk outside there are three newly squished caterpillars in my way. And I'm not talking about some tiny one. Oh no. These are the mack daddies, the Arnolds of their species. Huge and Gross (that's right with a capital G!). I defend them though because how can I hate caterpillars if I love butterflies? I can't.
I will say that caterpillars amaze me. They are born and then born again into something completely different. Are there any other animals that do that?
They're just getting started and I'm over them already. Every time I walk outside there are three newly squished caterpillars in my way. And I'm not talking about some tiny one. Oh no. These are the mack daddies, the Arnolds of their species. Huge and Gross (that's right with a capital G!). I defend them though because how can I hate caterpillars if I love butterflies? I can't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amphibian metamorphosis: frogs and toads.
ReplyDelete