Monday, April 5, 2010

If Walls Could Talk

On Sunday I had the pleasure of helping my sister with a wedding out at Magnolia Plantation. Of all the things that I could have been interested in and could have taken a picture of, this was what captivated me the most. This little slave house with a little chimney. Maybe it captivated me because my ancestors were able to do so much with so little. You may not be able to tell but this house is teeny tiny - couldn't have been more than 400 sf. Oh if walls could talk... but then again, would I be brave enough to listen?

My husband's father said these slave houses are haunted. (What?! He saw it on the history channel. Must be true then). They say that in the middle of the night you can see a light coming from within. Now I don't entertain such thoughts but seriously this picture makes me feel like if i stare at it long enough someone will come walking out of those woods. And with that... I must say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment