Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cruise! Day 1

Cruz and I are seasoned long distance travelers. We like to drive in the wee hours of the morning to miss the traffic and only stop for gas. Hunger nor thirst can stop us from making the best time possible - what can't happen at a gas station just won't happen. Our drive to Miami was no different.


We started our trip at 1:29 AM... well sort of. We drove two miles before the hubs decided to double check to make sure he had his passport. He didn't so we had to double back, but I was okay with that - better to find out two miles down the road instead of 200 miles. So we drove through the night and got to watch the sunrise which is one of my favorite parts of driving through the night. I'd much rather drive into a sunrise than a sunset. So much easier!

Anywho, we got to Miami in good time and met up with my mom and stepdad who were also going on the cruise. They even scored us free parking - sorta... they paid for parking we just tacked our car on.

After the long lines and pinky swearing that we didn't know anyone who and the flu, an infection or any other contagious diseases we boarded the Carnival Glory!


Said hello and goodbye to Miami within 2 hours and we were off!
We had goodies waiting for us and then we explored the ship. I couldn't wait for dinner so the feast could begin!!



I'd show pictures of our meals but they were half eaten by the time I thought about taking a picture. I still took them but you don't want to see the carnage. I'm pretty sure Cruz had food on his face and in his hair by his 3rd entree. Oh yea, he decided to order three apps and three entrees each night. At least he ate them is all I can say about that. And for anyone who has been on a cruise, what's turning in for the night without a towel animal? Oh Pedro, how I wish I could have brought you home.


What a way to start my 29th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment