Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Seeing Green
Our house is pretty old and we get that home decor has had many low points since 1929. We see the damage from wall to wall carpeting that was stapled to our beautiful hardwood floors. We get that at some point yellow tiles were all the rage. But for the life of me I can not see how painting the windows, floor boards and any other wood piece in the house GREEN screamed stylish. Every now and again I'll knock something against the wall (I'm seriously clumsy) and the paint will chip off to reveal that green. What makes it even worse is that I'm sure there's lead in it and I'm releasing not only ugly paint into my home but also toxins.
This is one of the windows from the living room... see the green at the bottom? Can you imagine? I would love to see how it all looked. Somehow I bet they made it work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment