Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Got a New Attitude

You guys might be tired of home improvement posts but I'm just gettin' started. Just kidding. I'll try to throw in some beauty at some point but as we discussed last winter... if it's cold I'm most likely inside. Being inside means home improvement pictures. Oh how I dread fall and winter.

I've been searching for a pair of shades for my el cheapo lamps that didn't cost a small fortune and found some at K-Mart. I usually steer clear of that place because 1) it's got a few characters that I'd rather not take my chances with and 2) they're stuff is usually pretty high... wait I take that back. I'm sure it's reasonable but I get the whole "I'm in KMART" attitude when I see something priced over $20.


These shades cost me $15 a pop which was a stretch for me but they're the cheapest I've seen that I actually like so I was sold! I take great pleasure in telling you that this is faux ostrich. I wish it was faux croc but I can't have it all.

I'm pretty happy about the way the brown looks against the caramel walls. The below is pretty warm... the walls are more the color above. Still working on the walls and something else to put on the nightstand. A little clock perhaps?



1 comment: