There isn't much that we know about it since the actual record player and speakers have been taken out but the plate on it says Sears Solid State by Silvertone and with some research I found that these were phased out in 1972. It's a solid piece. Not sure if I'll add a coat of paint but for now he's perfect. I like the vibe and a solid wood piece for $19 was all I needed to see.Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Hunting
The Mr and I took the week off... no particular plans hashed out, just some thoughts of what we might do. Turns out planning is kinda a must. Our excitement of flying through the air on roller coasters quickly turned to annoyance when we realized most of them aren't open during the week yet. What to do? I was feeling all kinds of irritated because this was my week off! My week to do something fun. Go somewhere great. And now, we're having a... staycation?! Excuse the dirty word please. But the hubs always knows how to turn me around. Make me see that this will be fun. And wasn't the point to spend time? Can't we spend time anywhere... everywhere? Yes. Si se puede! So we set out hunting for furniture. Second to jazzercise and photography, I'm way into home improvement projects and reupholstering. On Monday we found this little guy for a tv stand.
There isn't much that we know about it since the actual record player and speakers have been taken out but the plate on it says Sears Solid State by Silvertone and with some research I found that these were phased out in 1972. It's a solid piece. Not sure if I'll add a coat of paint but for now he's perfect. I like the vibe and a solid wood piece for $19 was all I needed to see.
There isn't much that we know about it since the actual record player and speakers have been taken out but the plate on it says Sears Solid State by Silvertone and with some research I found that these were phased out in 1972. It's a solid piece. Not sure if I'll add a coat of paint but for now he's perfect. I like the vibe and a solid wood piece for $19 was all I needed to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooo, me likey! Me likey a lot! Esp for 19$.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that your priorities are in order ( FINALLY) and a TV is coming back to the living room.
ReplyDelete