Monday, May 10, 2010

V. C. S.


When I tell people that I'll be late to my own funeral, I'm not really joking. I can't resist the urge to do everything last minute, foolishly convincing myself that I perform best under pressure. Some of my best work comes out of the fear of failing, right? So it was no surprise to me that on my wedding day I hadn't found a cake stand yet, and the baker was coming at 3. I hadn't even done the job of finding this particular baker. My sister Lillie gave us our wedding cake as a gift (I know right? Could I ask for better sisters?!) and all I had to do was supply the stand. I had more than enough time to get this done.

So off we went to the mall to find a cake stand. In the end, it proved to be a lot harder than I thought but we came out on top as usual. Wait...See that right there? That "as usual" thing I just did?? That's where the real problem lies but that's another story. Anyways our very delicious vanilla, chocolate, strawberry cake was placed on this little platter.

Tonight I pulled it out to take a picture and Mr. YR said, "I didn't know we had something like that. When did you get it? It's nice." A year late but never a dollar short, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. it was quite an adventure finding that stand --- that's the stuff of life! some things don't need any more time :)

    ReplyDelete