Monday, May 24, 2010

Who Thought This was a Good Idea?

There are some things in our house that I look at and think, "Really? Some wife saw this being installed and she thought it was okay?" One of those things is the metal wave awning found above our kitchen stove. It's clearly made of the outside. I know this because we have about six of them posted outside above the windows. So did they buy too many? Run out of money? Think that the shadow was worth the unsightliness of it all?


That string is to our state of the art ventilation fan. You pull the cord and a fan (literally a small spinning fan) leading to the outside opens and tries really hard to take out any smoke or steam. One of the perks of living in an old house I suppose. One think I can't deny them - they had great tastes in tiles! Subway tiles = happiness.

1 comment: