Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Magnolias


Our rehearsal dinner is almost a blur to me now. It all went by so very fast. Appetizers, lost family, wine, wine, wine, food, a toast, the end. And as I look back at the photos I only have one wish. I wish that I hadn't been the one holding the camera for most of the night. Everyone seems to be having such a great time, smiling, laughing, enjoying their evening, but me? I'm behind the scenes - mind you doing the same thing but I'm not actually in most of the "good" pictures. I'm blurred, dark, in mid-sentence... The hubs and I literally have 3 photos together - two of which are blurred and one of them includes someone else! How do photographers balance the time between having fun and making memories? It's almost heartbreaking to see. But enough... lesson learned.

My in-laws threw us a wonderful dinner at the Post House in the Old Village. All day my mother in law searched for magnolia leaves and flowers until she had just enough. I'll never forget how beautiful it all was. I'm happy to have pictures. Even if it means seeing a little less of my own face.

No comments:

Post a Comment