Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fin

I finally finished one of my many many projects. Granted it was the easiest to finish but so what. It's done.

These little leaves from our rehearsal dinner made for an awesome shadow box project. Of course, I'm no Darcy Miller but I'll get there one day. I think shadowboxes are one of the best inventions ever dreamt up. (side note: Is dreamt really NOT a word?! I'm pretty sure I use it a lot and if it's not a word that's a problem!)...

Anywho, I luvre this thing. It's got to be my favorite item in the house at the moment!

It has our families in it, our first date, our favorite places, our friends, our everything. And just right of the middle, near the top there's May 16, 2009 - our day. I want to walk by this everyday and I will until it falls apart then I'll glue it back together until the leaves crumble, then I'll glue those together until it's just mush. Then I'll mold it into a heart like it's clay and put it back in this frame. It'll be a hot mess but it'll be ours. I can't wait to hang it!

2 comments: