Sunday, January 17, 2010
I wish I may, I wish I might
You ever have the feeling that at any moment, you'll just "become"? Like you'll know exactly what you want to be, who you want to be, where you want to go?... Today is that day. It's just beyond my fingertips and I swear I can almost touch it and everything will be so clear it'll be blinding, deafening, numbing all at once.
For our wedding, my aunts, mom, and grandfather made us sweetgrass baskets to hold flowers. Holding them, it's easy to feel like you've got a million people from years past surrounding you always - guiding you to great, beautiful things. These baskets are their legacy. Who they wanted to be, what they wanted to do. They make beautiful things and I am so happy to have a piece of their lives to hold in my hands whenever I want. ........See pattern we isn't so bad after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment