Sunday, January 24, 2010

Playing Catch Up

We had BIG fun this weekend with my sister and friends in Columbia and Charlotte and I did manage to take pics per day as promised but didn't get to post them b/c I'm still trying to figure out how mobile blogging works... they make it look so easy on Youtube but my phone hates me so it's causing a little delay. Soooo here are the missing pics + 1 for today.

On Thursday we left after 9 pm because Cruzer got home late from work and dragged his feet. By the time I remembered anything about a picture we were on the road at this gas station. Does this actually count as a pattern? Probably not but oh well. The pattern I saw in this is the blue and white posts that are about 2 feet apart. Kind of a scary place to stop for gas but we're alive. I did take my camera with me in order to keep up but those of you who've seen that thing know that it's a huge pain in the butt to carry around. I really need to get a book bag carrier or something. Anyways Tometta and I were talking and decided "why not just do an ode to the iPhone camera?". So I am. 7 pictures taken by my iPhone. We'll see how this works out. Pic number one was taken Friday night at Mimosas in Charlotte - such a great restaurant. Seriously I can't remember the last time I had food and wine like that. If we're back in the area, I'd definitely try to go back. This was the reflection of a wine glass on the table. I loved the heart...Picture nĂºmero dos... On Saturday we had tacos and played name that tune which sounds lame right now but really it wasn't. We had fun. There were some limes left over that we put in this bowl and I love the crystal in the background and the contrast of the yellow banana and green limes. Isn't it beautiful? I almost want to print it and hang it above the fridge.

And finally but not least, today we got back to Charleston and it was 65 degrees! The sun wasn't out but it didn't even matter; we were home. I had a guy in high school tell me once that the reason he loved summer so much was because when school started again, he could remember all over again how beautiful all the girls where... I know. He knew how to sweet talk the girls. It was like that today. I was away from home and the moment we opened the door it all came back why we love this little house. This record player used to be in my grandparent's house and I snatched it up. I'm planning on painting it and redoing the top. The pic is weak and kinda sucks but I've got a cold and it's the best I've got. haha. Okay tomorrow I promise to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment