Monday, September 13, 2010

Testing 1-2-3 FIRE!

We headed out to work with temperatures in the low 80s and the hubs is already itching for fall. Doesn't he know what fall means? (and yes that's fall with a lower case F... I will not give it any respect!) It means my last year in my 20s. It means cold weather is coming. It means bulky sweaters instead of fun frilly shirts. It means everything I hate is coming. Blah rant Blah. I know. I'm done.

So with the cooler weather coming, I've been told we're going to test out our fireplace. We've never used it because we were under the impression that was not a functioning fireplace but good old Google says otherwise. Guess we'll see who's right... Just so you know, I never doubt Google, but fire is fire and this is the only house we've got. I'll be more than prepared and I'll let you know the results.

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh! maybe you should consult with Mr. J or K ... at the very least i think the wood should sit a little higher than floor level .. but what do i know - i upgrated from an apartment to a house and lost a fireplace - -who does that?? .. on the bright side fall brings beef stew yuummmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete